The primary duties include field surveys to determine service availability and rooftop installations, including all required cabling. The client installation process involves the configuration of wireless equipment such as radios, antennas, routers, etc., at the client’s service location. This position also requires working at the tower, performing maintenance, and installation of equipment. This is an outside field position and requires strong communication skills while working with our internal back-office engineers and support teams to troubleshoot and certify RF (microwave radio) installations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Independently perform field and rooftop surveys and complete field installations for microwave network radios (ladder use required).
- Assemble and install non-penetrating roof mounts and wall mounts, cabinets, and equipment racks, etc.
- Complete cabling and conduit installations (run and terminate cables, including Cat5/6, power, RG8 and fiber).
Mount and aim microwave radios.
- Strong communication skills with clients and internal employees while completing service activation of on-net direct Internet access services.
- Respond to trouble calls and perform high-level troubleshooting for RF, IP, and physical hardware/cabling issues in order to resolve service issues.
- Complete timely post-installation documentation, perform inspections and recommend corrective action in a written, well-documented manner.
- Professional and courteous behavior at all times.
The ideal candidate as Wireless Field Installation / Service Technician brings a high-energy can-do attitude to work each day. The qualifications listed below indicate the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be successful.
- Ability to satisfactorily accomplish multiple tasks where only limited standardization exists.
- Confident in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, while able to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Knowledge and experience with construction techniques, networks and telecommunication issues (both hardware and software).
Excellent English communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Can do simple mathematical calculations such as averages, percentages etc.
- Proficient in the operation of a cell phone, PC and related applications such as email clients, and web browsers.
- Must be able to effectively execute duties with minimum direction or supervision while working well with others.
- Ability to safely climb and descend portable ladders, towers, rooftops or other structures.
- Ability to lift and carry loads up to 70 pounds.
- Must comply with OSHA and other safety-related weight limit requirements for ladders and bucket trucks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the job.
Education and Experience
- Understanding in electronics, computers, mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Prior working experience in a similar function at a WISP is desired.
- Etheric Networks offers excellent, competitive pay, access to a company vehicle, outstanding vacation and PTO packages, health insurance, and 401K.
Ready to join our team?
Fill out the form and submit your application below.