There is currently no maintenance scheduled.
Etheric Networks and Globtel Holding Announce Completion of Hybrid E-Band Wireless and Fiber Internet Service in Berkeley
New E-Band mmWave Service via Fixed Wireless will offer Gigabit speeds to East Bay businesses and homes.
SAN MATEO, Calif. – January 26, 2023 – Etheric Networks, a leading provider of fiber + wireless internet service in the Bay Area, and Globtel Holding today announced the deployment of a new base station in Emeryville using Globtel’s AIR Gigaray E-Band technology. The deployed base station is the first in a series that will comprise a new commercial fiber-like wireless network in the area. This expansion brings new internet options to thousands of businesses and homes in Emeryville and Berkeley.
Etheric Networks deployed Globtel’s E- Band (mmWave) AIR Gigaray solution at Pacific Park Plaza, which will provide more than a gigabit of throughput to end-users while supporting the multi-gigabit capacity of the base station. For locations already served by in-ground fiber or cable, rooftop fixed wireless is a natural choice for business backhaul or failover.
Benefits of Millimeter Wave
- Higher speed facilitates the continuous real-time transmission of large amounts of data.
- Wider bandwidth improves performance of data-intensive applications.
- Lower latency supports real-time services and cloud-based computing systems.
About Etheric Fiber + Wireless Internet
- Etheric goes where DSL and cable can’t – Fiber + wireless networks deliver Gigabit speeds via radio waves transmitted to an antenna located on the exterior of a home or business – no trenching is required.
- One high-speed connection can serve an entire building – Apartments and multi-tenant businesses can share service to reduce cost.
- Scalable to meet the needs of growing communities – With the ever-improving power and range of today’s technology, service can be delivered to remote communities where fiber doesn’t make sense economically or ecologically.
Alexander Hagen, CEO, Etheric Networks, said: “Etheric was founded to deliver capabilities and speeds that the large providers haven’t yet achieved, and we are committed to exploring new ways to provide cutting edge, next-generation services to our community using an energy-efficient, green approach. The service we are bringing to Berkeley using Globtel E-Band millimeter wave technology is multi-gigabit, backed by our own dark fiber with direct peering connections to all premium Silicon Valley content delivery networks such as Apple, Netflix, Google, and Yahoo.”
About Etheric Networks
Etheric Networks is a leading internet service provider dedicated to delivering fast, reliable, and affordable connectivity for business, government and residential clients. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Etheric spans the greater Bay Area, using a wholly-owned fiber backbone and licensed broadband fixed wireless towers. For more information, visit ethericnetworks.com
About Globtel Holding
Globtel Holding enables cable companies, WISPs and fiber-based companies to deliver fiber-like broadband and services related to it like IPTV, DVB, VoIP via fixed wireless access. Globtel has developed a revolutionary fixed wireless access platform based on the DOCSIS standard which allows operators to provide fiber-like services and gigabit access to residential and enterprise users in a flexible and efficient manner at a fraction of the time it would take to deploy a wired network and as such monetize the network virtually immediately. For more information, visit https://www.air-tv.net/
We will be performing work at the Milpitas base station to reinforce the structure after the past recent storms. We are not expecting any downtime but the work could result in degraded service. in Hayward / Fremont / Milpitas / San Jose.
From 9:00:00 AM on 1/25/2023 until 5:00:00 PM on 1/25/2023.
Posted: 1/19/2023 15:13:12
Tech en route. ETR 8:30am-9am